Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dali in the Modern World

I love this modern interpretation of Dali's Lobster Telephone in the form of an iPhone case.

The original Dali Lobster Telephones (yes, plural) were originally designed for Edward James, a British collector of Dali's work.


He (James) actually used them in his house, which I think is really neat and is something I loved sharing with visitors when I did tours at the Dali Museum.

This new concept of the Lobster Telephone is just as fun and whimsical, although not as utile as the original ones. Would anyone actually use this? I would consider it!

4 comments:

  1. I think if I rolled over to snooze my alarm and saw that case on my phone, I would be terrified. But it's funny-I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster iphone case seems a little too big to useful. maybe it needs a strap so that the lobster sits on your shoulder while you walk around with it? now that's be a site....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobsters remind me of roaches. If I reached out for my lobster-encased phone in the dark, I'd probably kill something!

    But the idea is nice. Maybe just other animals without tentacles and pincers?

    ReplyDelete