Friday, November 22, 2013

Reading Fairs

So, I came across this blog post about a reading fair that the blogger's children's school does every year and it makes me wonder why more schools don't do things like this. The same idea as a science fair, but it gets kids engaged in reading and art making (by making the displays). 

There are three posts about the reading fair, and I'd encourage looking at all three because each has different pictures of different posters that kids made and they are all FANTASTIC. 


The blogger also included a post on tips about running a reading fair, which I thought was neat and would maybe use some of her tips in setting up a project in the future.  Hope you guys enjoyed these projects as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. great posters! i remember my school doing fairs like this as a kid. they've definitely gone by the wayside and you don't see them happening as much. probably partly to do with the amount of work these kinds of things entail. it's unfortunate....

    ReplyDelete